Stvtech

Here in the UK - My Ioniq is on order...

Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi all.

Clearly a new forum without much owner content at this early stage.

Thought I might kick off a thread, having ordered my Ioniq Electric back in December 2016 for March 2017 delivery.

I'm dropping my Outlander PHEV in favour of the full electric Ioniq, having analysed my trip profile over the near two-year span with the Outlander. Hopefully I won't suffer too much from the dreaded 'range anxiety' !

Would be great to hear from other owners or owners-in-waiting.

Steve.

pmiddeld

Re: Here in the UK - My Ioniq is on order...

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi all,

I am also waiting for an Ioniq (EV). Last guess of my dealer was arrival around mid February. I ordered it at the beginning of December.
However today I got an email that I have a Hyundai roadside assistance and they gave me a license plate number, which indeed belongs to an Ioniq. But no message about arrival or so (!) :?:

Anyway, I hope that means that my car is coming soon. Can't wait!
I will keep you informed.

Cheers

Stvtech

Replacement charge cable acquired!

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:54 pm

A bit more down the road towards running the Ioniq.

My current car has a type 1 socket, and my charger (a Rolec 32A) has a tethered cable, so I had to purchase a type 2 tethered one.
It will be just a matter of changing the cable once the Ioniq arrives.

Less than two months to go now....

Stvtech

Today came the bad news...

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Just had a call from the dealer stating that my Ioniq has been delayed.

Having been advised at the time of order in December that mine was one of six remaining in my colour choice "in the factory", delivery to the dealer was supposed to be by the end of February.

Now it seems, following an unspecified delay to the Premium SE spec vehicles, the car still hasn't left Korea and remains up to 8 weeks away with delivery now set for more towards mid April.

This puts me in a sticky spot, as my current lease vehicle needs to be returned by mid-march.

So in addition to the incoming range anxiety, I now have lease extention\hire car anxiety :(

LeftieBiker

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:57 am

Have you asked for a month by month lease extension?

Stvtech

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:25 am

Not as yet, and I'm sure it is possible and will be considered, but from past experience (of a colleague) lease extensions come at a premium.

As for my own experience, I have twice before had factory order vehicles delayed, but in both cases the supplying dealer provided a loan car until the new one arrived.

Sadly, the Hyundai dealer can offer no such option.

LeftieBiker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:44 am

Not as yet, and I'm sure it is possible and will be considered, but from past experience (of a colleague) lease extensions come at a premium.

What do you mean? Not only have my two lease extensions not cost more, one of them gave me two free payments.

Stvtech

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:08 am

LeftieBiker wrote:What do you mean? Not only have my two lease extensions not cost more, one of them gave me two free payments.

I mean that the colleague in question was quoted some 20% more on his previous monthly lease to extend his Mercedes by two months. They cited the reason as being his initial payments were calculated on the car being a certain age at the end of the lease, and returning the vehicle later meant it would be worth less. Needless to say, he took the umph and borrowed an old banger from a family friend for two months intead.

I am encouraged by your experience however, and will certainly approach my existing finance company. Thanks for the info.

Edit to add;
Just spoken to the finance company. They too want a premium as per my colleague's past experience. In my case, just over 20% more per month. :(

RobertMtl

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:43 am

@Stvtech,

consider buying a old beater and using it for a trade in and take the complete pressure off of yourself. You may even make a few bucks, but even if you lose, mentally charge it of to interest you were not paying or leasing costs not paying, then everyone is happy. :D

Stvtech

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:45 pm

consider buying a old beater

Lol, don't think I haven't thought of that already... :D

Bottom line is once you take into account Insurance costs, reliability of an old beater, fossil fuel costs, etc., it just adds up to more hassle.
But hey, life is never easy unless your name is Rothschild ;)

At least my future Ioniq has been built, but I guess that isn't that difficult to do because it only takes 3.8 hours to fully assemble. Seems the bottleneck is shipping capacity.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Return to “General / Main Hyundai IONIQ Owners Forum”