pacificev

Curious to feel the interior... when I can test drive one or at least sit in it

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:11 am

I was browsing the Hyundai IONIQ website and found some strange comments about the interior!

From the bio-fabrics to the recycled plastics used to create the headliner, carpeting and door trim, even the interior of the Ioniq shows an eco-conscious side. These pleasing surfaces and textures are the result of the inventive use of eco-friendly materials such as sugar cane and volcanic stone.

Sugar cane accounts for 25% of the raw materials used in the interior’s soft-touch door trim panels.

Recycled plastic combined with powdered wood and volcanic stone reduces the weight of some interior plastics up to 20%.

I wonder if this will feel scratchy? The website says that it is in the soft-touch door trim panels, probably to alleviate concerns just like mine :)
And what about moisture? If I leave my door open will the panel turn into a gooey hard candy?

JanTreur

Re: Curious to feel the interior... when I can test drive one or at least sit in it

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:25 pm

From different places in the interior the plants will start to grow after a while...
Your car will look like this: https://youtu.be/26incsw9TV0?t=2

pacificev

Re: Curious to feel the interior... when I can test drive one or at least sit in it

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Couldn't understand a word they were saying, but I did see the plants on the roof :) At least a green roof would cut down on the EV range loss due to cooling

JanTreur

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:41 am

It is just a kind of funny advertising for a road service. The guy in the car pays a fixed amount of money every year but he is still waiting to get his first problem on the road. The twin brothers outside tell him he is wasting his money and should take the road service they offer for which you only pay when you actually have a problem.

Return to “General / Main Hyundai IONIQ Owners Forum”