[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Setting up Torque to show BMS data on the Ioniq EV -Hyundai IONIQ EV Forum
JejuSoul
Setting up Torque to show BMS data on the Ioniq EV

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:27 pm

------------------------------------------------------------

Updated codes are maintained on github - https://github.com/JejuSoul/OBD-PIDs-fo ... Ioniq%20EV
I will no longer update here, so am removing the old codes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Torque is an application for Android tablets and smartphones that interfaces with OBD2 enabled devices (via Bluetooth or USB) and provides visual feedback in the form of gauges and digital readouts of the various parameters and values provided.
Torque is normally used with ICE cars but by adding new parameters can be used by the Ioniq Electric EV.
The advantage of Torque is that it is really flexible in graphing and displaying data.
Many of the codes are identical to those found for the Kia S0ul EV here -

Example of Torque Screen showing Ioniq EV BMS data.

The BMS is the Battery Management System. When requested this outputs data from the battery to the OBD2 interface.

The codes for the BMS are on github

Testing and feedback is important, please create an issue on the github page if you find a problem.
Last edited by JejuSoul on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:55 am, edited 7 times in total.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JejuSoul

Re: Setting up Torque to show BMS data on the Ioniq EV

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:30 pm

The Soul EV has a battery by SK Innovation.
It has 192 polymer pouch type cells, they are laid out in a series string of 96 sets of 2 parallel cells.

The IONIQ EV has a battery by LG Chem.
It has 192 polymer pouch type cells laid out in a series string of 96 sets of 2 parallel cells.

The Torque Pro codes to measure the cell voltages for these two cars are identical.
This is somewhat surprising since the physical layout of the cells into modules is not the same.

Kia Soul EV

Ioniq EV

Last edited by JejuSoul on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

splitmitten

Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 am

Aren't EV's known for having great tongue?

JejuSoul

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:11 pm

Last edited by JejuSoul on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

JejuSoul

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:09 am

Here's some images from the Service Manual.

2a/ Ioniq EV battery without battery heater

2b/ Ioniq EV battery heater

Translating from the Korean
1. High Voltage Battery Pack Assembly
2. Voltage Protection Device (VPD)
3. Busbar
4. Cell Monitoring Unit (CMU)
5. Voltage & Temperature Sensor Wiring Harness
6 High Voltage Battery Heater
7. High Voltage Battery Heater Temperature Sensor

JejuSoul

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:41 pm

gilbydettori

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the great post.
I'm expecting arrival of my Ioniq Electric on Monday coming, so was just wondering if you could tell me where the OBD2 port is on the Ioniq Electric?

Just building out some plans at the moment for datalogging and analysis.

thanks!
D.

gilbydettori

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:56 am

Hey,

I'm over in Ireland, the went on sale here end of 2016.
I have some plans to build a datalogger with a Rasp Pi for the car.

I'm curious as to whether or not the OBD2 exists, and if yes, if it can query the BMS, and if yes, if it can do so while the car is charging. this way I could build my own app to find out the state of charge while away from the vehicle. Bloody annoying that Hyundai have no app themselves..

Gilby.

JejuSoul

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:36 am

Last edited by JejuSoul on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical Discussions”