pmiddeld

Re: Setting up Torque to show BMS data on the Ioniq EV

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi all,

I am a total newbie in Torque stuff, but I'd like to set up Torque for my Ioniq EV. Tried to follow JejuSoul's directions but got lost.

In the github link I didn't find any .dash files for the Ioniq EV and only three .csv files for the extended PIDS. Do I have to use the rest from the Kia Soul's database? Which ones do you recommend?

I am especially interested in State of Charge, battery temperatures, estimated kilometers left etc.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks.
Peter

citygirl

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 am

splitmitten wrote:Aren't EV's known for having great tongue?
I don't know a lot but yeah I have read that a few times. It comes up a lot in Eracing and other more conventional car reads

SparkE

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:45 am

citygirl wrote:
splitmitten wrote:Aren't EV's known for having great tongue?
I don't know a lot but yeah I have read that a few times. It comes up a lot in Eracing and other more conventional car reads

The 'Torque' they are discussing is an app. (Notice the upper-case 'T'.)

JejuSoul

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:22 am

pmiddeld wrote:Hi all,
I am a total newbie in Torque stuff, but I'd like to set up Torque for my Ioniq EV. Tried to follow JejuSoul's directions but got lost.
In the github link I didn't find any .dash files for the Ioniq EV and only three .csv files for the extended PIDS. Do I have to use the rest from the Kia Soul's database? Which ones do you recommend?
I am especially interested in State of Charge, battery temperatures, estimated kilometers left etc.
Hope someone can help me. Thanks.
Peter
Hi Peter,
I recommend you come over to the S oul EV site and chat about using the Torque app there.
I don't have an Ioniq, and can't develop any further than I already have.
There are no dash files for the Ioniq. It needs somebody with an Ioniq to make them and upload them.
There are only three .csv files for the extended PIDS. I have the BMS data because it is the same as the S oul EV.
Someone with an Ioniq will need to decode the rest. You cannot use the the ones from the S oul EV because they are not the same.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

picasso

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:08 pm

We need someone who can speak German and reach out to the members on goingeletric.de to try and get us up and running like they are!

JejuSoul

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:25 am

-
Here's some links on how to set up Torque to work with the S oul EV. (It also works on the Hyundai Ioniq Electric).
It would be really great if someone could create one of these help pages specifically for the Ioniq.
And report back on how these codes are working. Preferably on one of the other sites because I visit this site infrequently.

The original web page and discussion for these codes is on this forum - Setting up Torque to show BMS data

The main repository for the codes has since moved to github - https://github.com/JejuSoul/OBD-PIDs-for-HKMC-EVs

There is help in English here - Setting up Torque Pro to show OBD data on Hyundai / Kia Electric Vehicles

There is help in French here - Kia SOUL EV : comment lire les différents capteurs via OBD-II

There is help in French here - [Diagnostique OBD2] Torque Pro -Android- et le Kia Soul EV.

There is help in Korean here - 토크프로 중급편 (TORQUE) 확장PID 관리 하기

-----------------------------------

Here's Torque running on an Ioniq Electric in Korea.

Nice graphic from German Ioniq user. Car starts at 100% SOC on top of small hill. Recuperates on the way down. and increases the batteries voltage.

The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Return to “Technical Discussions”