JimmYK

Hyundai's Ioniq became top-selling electric vehicle in Netherlands last month

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:24 am

Hyundai IONIQ has done great in Netherlands. Does Hyundai ioniq forum has any members from there?

Hyundai sold 95 Ioniq electric vehicles in the Netherlands in January, followed by BMW's i3 with 86 units and Renault's Zoe with 70 units, the data by the European Alternative Fuels Observatory showed.

Last month, a total of 475 all-electric cars were sold in the Netherlands.

Hyundai has sold the Ioniq vehicles in the Netherlands since the fourth quarter of last year.

An official at Hyundai Motor said the Netherlands is one of the top five European markets for electric vehicles.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/business/2017/02/25/0503000000AEN20170225001300320.html

PluggedIn

Re: Hyundai's Ioniq became top-selling electric vehicle in Netherlands last month

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:31 am

Those are pretty impressive sales figures... the European markets seem more open to the change than the North American markets.

citygirl

Re: Hyundai's Ioniq became top-selling electric vehicle in Netherlands last month

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:36 pm

PluggedIn wrote:Those are pretty impressive sales figures... the European markets seem more open to the change than the North American markets.

I think the European market has more eco friendly people who are not quiet about the importance of looking after the planet. They also experience taxes and fees for using sustainable and non sustainable resources so I agree they are way more open to it. I don't understand the commerce or economics around why the Netherlands and other areas receive the cars first before we do and if it is more buying and selling power in those areas why are we still waiting so long after they receive the vehicles?

newbie1

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:44 am

I think Hyundai has taken a page out of Toyota's play book in a sense. Toyota put out a great product with the Prius for the long run and I think the Ioniq is the same. There may be other good models like Toyota has done over the years but the Prius and the Ioniq are really the flag ships of long term stability

Return to “Local and Regional Discussions”