imarsh

UK Ioniq Electric Availability and Dealership update

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:45 pm

Being from the UK I thought I would share with anyone else that might be on this forum from the same area!

Here is an update of what I know about dealerships:

Hyundai dealership in York (who isn't listed to sell the EV) said the wait is 8 or 9 months.

In Leeds and Bradford the dealerships seem to say 4-6 months wait time. However, some dealerships aren't seeming interested to selling them.

After 3 weeks and some followup calls, I still haven't received the quote I was promised from an 'unnamed' dealership in Leeds.

All told, now that I have my order in, I have been told an estimated delivery of June 5th.

bdg

Re: UK Ioniq Electric Availability and Dealership update

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 am

I ordered a EV from non EV dealer (nearest EV dealer 140miles away) on 13th March, given initial delivery estimate 1st June, on 20th March dealer told me Hyundai had accepted order, and were waiting on a build date from factory, expect delivery in July or August.
Will update when I have more information.
Have read on other forums that Hyundai had planned for 100 ioniq UK orders in March,but has had to update this to 1200.
:- http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufac ... pectations

jjr

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Congrats! Another early June arrival!

In the USA the EV is supposed to be available nationwide, there is no indication of EV and non-EV dealerships.
Can you explain that a little bit? Is it the dealerships choice not to stock the EV? Or is it because they aren't trained in repair of the EV yet or?

bdg

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 pm

I queried the dealer issue with Hyundai and this is the reply I received:-

Due to the limited numbers of IONIQ EV cars currently being produced, only a selection of our dealerships are able to supply the IONIQ EV (electric vehicle). However, this will change at some point during mid-2017, when the IONIQ EV will be available to order and test drive nationwide. If your local dealer are not currently an EV dealer, they will not yet be able to place an order for an IONIQ EV, hence why they cannot provide you with a delivery time.

Hyundai have since agreed to supply a Ioniq EV via my local dealer who have the trained engineers and charging points to handle the EV

When I search for my nearest dealer it asks for the type of car and returns this result:-

Westover Hyundai - Poole (129 miles)

573 Wallisdown Road
POOLE
Dorset
BH12 5BA

My nearest Hyundai Non EV dealer is 0.74miles from me

jjr

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks for following up!

It's interesting that Hyundai is only allowing certain dealers to even order the IONIQ Electric (except in your special case) until stock increases... I wonder how they chose dealerships, since yours even has EV certified techs?!

bdg

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 pm

This is the follow up email I received from Hyundai customer services after I advised my dealership of the Hyundai response:-

Further to my email below, I have spoken to Rob in the sales department at your dealership. He has advised me that you have placed an order with them for an IONIQ EV. Rob says that he will be in touch with you within the next few days to let you know an estimated time of arrival for your order.[/i]

I think Hyundai UK have been completly overwelmed by the demand for the Ioniq in all its forms

PluggedIn

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:41 am

Isn't that great?! I think it's going to be a very popular car!

Simmo66

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:05 pm

My experience - ordered on 27th January Premium SE in polar white. At the time, was advised delivery would be May/June. I had a call from the dealer (Thornbury Nr Bristol) on Tuesday to say the car had arrived (1 of 6 in the batch delivered). I went up, signed the papers and saw it in the flesh - Awesome! I pick it up Friday 28th. So, was actually delivered earlier than promised, and I think the dealer did a very good of managing expectations. His news this week was that I was very lucky - If i were to order one this week, it would be unlikely to be delivered this year! Ouch! He did say it kinda depends on the N Korea / S Korea situation that is currently boiling up.....

PluggedIn

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 am

Congratulations! That is exciting. We'll look forward to hearing about your experience with your new electric vehicle!

Return to “Local and Regional Discussions”