Tessy

Is owning a hybrid or all electric vehicle a status symbol

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Going through my news app quickly I found a story that peaked my interest. The jist of it was "Do you think people buy electric vehicles as a status symbol" For some of us it is unimaginable and stupid but think about it for a minute - we have the people who post and talk about their yoga classes all the time ( I love Yoga, what a great stretch and excellent for the breathing, however, only the people I go to yoga with know I go to yoga - oh and now all of you lol) are they so into yoga they can't stop talking about it or do they like everyone to know how good they are to their body to follow long standing health trends. We have the SPCA , if you donate they will send you a t-shirt that announces to literally everyone when you wear it that you donated. Can we put the same mentality to others about the electric vehicle. Do some people buy them to show everyone they may or may not compost and recycle but darn it they are driving an electric vehicle. Cynical I know and shame on me but like I say the original article did catch my attention and my imagination :D

PluggedIn

Re: Is owning a hybrid or all electric vehicle a status symbol

Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:31 am

I think there may be some truth to that... it certainly says that you care about the environment, and who wouldn't want to wear that badge these days?!

Return to “Off-Topic”