Tessy

Stop putting slow chargers in public places

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:03 pm

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/electrek.co ... rging/amp/

BMW donates 100 slow Chargers to some parks in the New York area. Slow chargers at rest stops shopping malls restaurants are stupid. These are not places where you want to spend hours and hours of time recharging they are useless and they take money and infrastructure away from what an electric vehicle is trying to accomplish. The article hits this point home

sam

Re: Stop putting slow chargers in public places

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:23 pm

So this is becoming a bit of an issue now. We have all the media hype around added chargers in major and not so major cities. The individuals who don't drive or follow electric vehicles think this is awesome and convenient but in reality it is a massive waste of money. Tell me who spend 3 hours at the bank? The time a person takes for an average apt at the bank may get you 8 kilometers on a slow charging system - stupid. People are planning trips and they need to add 3 hours on to it for charging. I'm reading how to keep your kids occupied during long road trip charging breaks... what the heck! Is it really that much more expensive to install quick charging. As a consumer I am willing to pay more for quick charging because my time is worth money

SparkE

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:55 am

Yes, it is more expensive to install fast charging - a LOT more expensive.

PluggedIn

Mon May 01, 2017 2:58 am

I agree that people will need to have access to fast charging... and would be willing to pay a premium to get it. Hopefully the providers will see the wisdom in making an investment in fast charging capability - it will pay off in the long run.

Return to “Off-Topic”