aidan

Hyundai was infuriatingly vague about this cool new foldable electric scooter

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:58 am

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/ ... e-ces-2017

Hyundai just announced an electric scooter concept here at CES 2017. It’s a scooter that shares the same name as the company’s lineup of green cars. But Hyundai stopped very short of offering more detail about what the scooter can do, or when / if it will be real — despite going through the trouble to issue a 500 word press release and mentioning it during their press event. So like we did with TCL’s unnecessarily mysterious new Blackberry this morning, let’s break down what we know and what we don’t.

What we know:

The scooter folds up.
It has lights on the front and back.
There’s a digital dashboard that shows speed, battery life, and range.
It can be stored (and charged) in the front door of the Ioniq EV.
“Acceleration is controlled by the rider scrolling up their thumb switch, while braking is achieved by pressing a pad over the scooter’s rear wheel or scrolling down thumb switch,” aka it has a throttle and brakes.
Hyundai embedded sensors in the scooter that only activate the throttle when someone is on the scooter.

splitmitten

Re: Hyundai was infuriatingly vague about this cool new foldable electric scooter

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:48 am

It has the potential to be absolutely cool

SparkE

Re: Hyundai was infuriatingly vague about this cool new foldable electric scooter

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:54 am

And any posts about a scooter should be in the 'off topic' (non-IONIQ) area of the forum...

Jychevyvolt

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:59 am

SparkE wrote:And any posts about a scooter should be in the 'off topic' (non-IONIQ) area of the forum...

The scooter is part of the Ioniq package. It should stay. Solves the last mile problem. Mid age men on scooter would be comical. :lol:

jimmyjon

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:29 pm

The scooter stores in the side door of the car. Too awesome

sam

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:28 pm

I looked this up further It's actually pretty cool and a good idea. So many great applications for the scooter from taking my hyper dogs for a run at a destination park when I feel totally lazy to downtown traffic - park the car and scooter the rest of the way through the downtown core :D

ginforce

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 pm

sam wrote:I looked this up further It's actually pretty cool and a good idea. So many great applications for the scooter from taking my hyper dogs for a run at a destination park when I feel totally lazy to downtown traffic - park the car and scooter the rest of the way through the downtown core :D

I'm totally thinking the same way you are..A lot of neat and handy uses

LeftieBiker

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:12 pm

So how much is this option, what's the range, speed, etc?

klaus

Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Some pics so we know what we're talking about :)

I got the feeling from the press release that it was a concept and likely would never reach production, just a goofy 'idea'

westernkicks

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:46 am

klaus wrote:Some pics so we know what we're talking about :)

I got the feeling from the press release that it was a concept and likely would never reach production, just a goofy 'idea'

I hope not because it's a great goofy idea

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”