hstyles

Electric-car MPGe as important as range, Hyundai Ioniq maker suggests

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:45 pm

This should make for a nice discussion topic on the forum- Hyundai creators this energy efficiency is just as important a factor as range when it comes to EVs. What do you think guys?

But Mike O'Brien, Hyundai vice president of corporate and digital product planning, urged shoppers and reporters alike to consider the electric car's overall energy efficiency along with range.

Sure, he said, you can add more battery to an electric car to increase its range. That boosts the cost significantly, of course, but it also reduces the car's efficiency.

Rated at 124 miles combined, the 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Electric will meet the daily travel needs of fully 98 percent of U.S. drivers, he noted.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1108560_electric-car-mpge-as-important-as-range-hyundai-ioniq-maker-suggests

JejuSoul

Re: Electric-car MPGe as important as range, Hyundai Ioniq maker suggests

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:37 am

SparkE, you forgot to comment on this one.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

SparkE

Re: Electric-car MPGe as important as range, Hyundai Ioniq maker suggests

Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:20 am

Nope, not forgotten - when a post may actually have useful news, I don't heckle. I try *really hard* to give a poster the best intentions.

Maybe *someone* could get *something* useful from the linked article...

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”