pacificev

Hyundai says IONIQ EV will be held BY THE END of Feb

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Of course, still no specific dates, but at least Hyundai is giving us a deadline!

According to Autoblog, a Hyundai spokesman told them the U.S. debut of the IONIQ Electric and the IONIQ Hybrid will be done in February....

I'm betting it's only a couple of days till we hear some more and maybe start to see some in inventory on dealer websites!

SparkE

Re: Hyundai says IONIQ EV will be held BY THE END of Feb

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Geez, you ever hear about these magic things called 'links' that bring you straight to the article on the web ...

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/08/hyun ... v-on-sale/

columbo

RE:Hyundai says IONIQ EV will be held BY THE END of Feb

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:54 pm

AutoTrader and Cars.com both aren't listing any IONIQs available in the country. And I haven't heard of any dealerships advertising so they must not be expecting anything soon either!

SparkE

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:23 am

Hey, look at that! Pacific and Colombo joined THE SAME day and the same MINUTE nine months ago and are both making their first posts today on this thread.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE !!

Gee, guys, welcome !! :?

citygirl

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:30 am

The none committed date is disappointing. I wonder if all 3 power train will be released at the same time.

SparkE

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:39 am

citygirl wrote:The none committed date is disappointing. I wonder if all 3 power train will be released at the same time.

The answer to your wonder is on the official hyundai web site : no.

And if you'd bothered to read the linked article you would have learned that the plug-in is due for release (around) September in the U.S. (maybe).

citygirl

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:54 am

SparkE wrote:
citygirl wrote:The none committed date is disappointing. I wonder if all 3 power train will be released at the same time.

The answer to your wonder is on the official hyundai web site : no.

And if you'd bothered to read the linked article you would have learned that the plug-in is due for release (around) September in the U.S. (maybe).

I did bother to read linked article, be careful what you assume because some people have a hard time reading .

SparkE

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:58 am

I am sorry for assuming that if you read something then you would understand it. My apologies.

nogas

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:42 am

So we are officially past the end of February where are they :lol:

jbrad4

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:37 pm

I enquired about the Ionic Electric on the HyundaiUSA website and got this as part of their reply:
"We regret to inform you that the Ioniq Electric was due to be released this Spring to Southern California
residents only. This decisions is due to the availability of public charging stations. We do anticipate the
expansion of the Ioniq Electric region once public charging stations become more widely available.
At this time, our website does allow for the Build and Price tool to be utilized on the 2017 Ioniq Hybrid,
which is available in your area. We apologize for any dissatisfaction this may cause you."

I have a lot of problems with their second sentence above.
I live in the Dallas-Ft Worth area where we have 600 public charging stations.

-= Jim =-

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”