aidan

Roof Racks for Bikes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:50 am

This is for the Ioniq all electric. There is a big portion of mid aged people wanting to purchase a greener smaller vehicle but still love the outdoors and getting their play on. Moving from a larger SUV to a car is dealing with the loss of space. We know we can't tow our gear behind the Ioniq but I don't see or read much positive on mounting bike racks or Thule's to the roof to accommodate the outdoor gear :cry: Plus mounting something to the roof will defeat the areodynamics and tech put into it. Hopefully someone on the forum has something to add to this and I would be delighted if it was a solution :lol:

jimmyjon

Re: Roof Racks for Bikes

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:13 am

Yeah I have thought of this too. I'm looking into the UK for solutions as they have had the Ioniq for awhile. One good thing is you can fold down the seats and sleep in the Ioniq like you can the Pruis and the Leaf. Because the rear seats don't go flush it is not quite as good but still very doable especially if you use a memory foam type of mattress so it conforms to the odds and ends.

Not a ton of room for the tall ones but will do for a night or two outdoors :D

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”