IonFight333

Hyundai Sets Date For ItsVoice Controlled Ioniq EV

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Hyundai Ioniq is growing its popularity. It would make sense for the company to improve its artificial intelligence technology to avoid later complications. And the competition is getting higher and higher. This 'homemade' AI system will give the Ioniq' popularity a big boost. What do the Hyundai IONIQ forum people think about it?

The Korean car manufacturer Hyundai will be bringing their own version of artificial intelligence to the fully electric Ioniq later this year which will be the first vehicle to adopt this system. However, it's only been developed for the Korean shores. Hyundai currently use Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant for the vehicle sold in the American market, but as those systems only offer English and German, Hyundai decided to work on their own AI system for use on their own shores.

http://www.torquenews.com/3855/hyundai-will-roll-out-voice-controlled-ioniq-ev-year

nogas

Re: Hyundai Sets Date For ItsVoice Controlled Ioniq EV

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 pm

This is too funny. It says the voice control is so the driver can make use of the infotainment system lol lol omg, so while someone is watching a movie or listening to music they can voice control directions to the car on how to drive. I think I would be good with autonomous cars if all cars were self driving this voice control is my point exactly - how do we control people to be fastidious drivers if they are using voice control. Answer is we can't and that equals danger

IonFight333

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:12 pm

nogas wrote:This is too funny. It says the voice control is so the driver can make use of the infotainment system lol lol omg, so while someone is watching a movie or listening to music they can voice control directions to the car on how to drive. I think I would be good with autonomous cars if all cars were self driving this voice control is my point exactly - how do we control people to be fastidious drivers if they are using voice control. Answer is we can't and that equals danger

Are you saying there is no future for voice-activated hands-free ride? It may seem dangerous right now. But I don't believe it's impossible. Maybe the manufacturers will find a way to simplify the driving process and make drivers more careful. I am not entirely denying what you said. But there is always hope for a better system. I am just not giving up on the technology.

PluggedIn

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 am

I think voice control for the "infotainment" system is a good idea. The more handsfree that the extras are, the more focused on driving the driver can be.

nogas

Wed May 24, 2017 12:35 am

IonFight333 wrote:
nogas wrote:This is too funny. It says the voice control is so the driver can make use of the infotainment system lol lol omg, so while someone is watching a movie or listening to music they can voice control directions to the car on how to drive. I think I would be good with autonomous cars if all cars were self driving this voice control is my point exactly - how do we control people to be fastidious drivers if they are using voice control. Answer is we can't and that equals danger

Are you saying there is no future for voice-activated hands-free ride? It may seem dangerous right now. But I don't believe it's impossible. Maybe the manufacturers will find a way to simplify the driving process and make drivers more careful. I am not entirely denying what you said. But there is always hope for a better system. I am just not giving up on the technology.

I think most people are forgetting that "driving" is the activity. Either concentrate on that or don't drive. No problem with complete self contained driving model cars but I feel the need to down play the importance of the responsibility driving a vehicle is can be irritating. Choose one or the other - either drive the car and use voice control for radio or making a call but that is it. I am fine with controlled self driving concepts I just don't think mixing things up too much is a good idea

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”