PSWilson

Re: Canadian Availability

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:45 pm

goncalo wrote:Hyundai is taking people for fools and looks like they don't care about consumers by not saying a word!!

I don't agree. Hyundai appears to be operating under old assumptions on new car introductions and a false/miss informed view of the Canadian interest in EVs. They appear to have conflicting views on how to market the Ioniq and address global demand (and market variations).

What is happening is a bit of a mess which could be resolved with honest communication of the situations.

SparkE

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:19 pm

PSWilson wrote:
goncalo wrote:Hyundai is taking people for fools and looks like they don't care about consumers by not saying a word!!

I don't agree. Hyundai appears to be operating under old assumptions on new car introductions and a false/miss informed view of the Canadian interest in EVs. They appear to have conflicting views on how to market the Ioniq and address global demand (and market variations).

What is happening is a bit of a mess which could be resolved with honest communication of the situations.

I disagree. They did a very similar thing in the U.S., so it's not just Canada. They kept very quiet about the car, it's price, and most other details. Then, about a month before the OFFICIAL start of sales, they finally announced when it would be sold, where, and what the price would be. Two weeks ago I went to my local (California) Hyundai dealer and they did NOT have an all-electric model and could not tell me when they would have one, even though they re (officially) on sale in the entire U.S.

PSWilson

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

SparkE wrote:I disagree. They did a very similar thing in the U.S., so it's not just Canada. They kept very quiet about the car, it's price, and most other details. Then, about a month before the OFFICIAL start of sales, they finally announced when it would be sold, where, and what the price would be. Two weeks ago I went to my local (California) Hyundai dealer and they did NOT have an all-electric model and could not tell me when they would have one, even though they re (officially) on sale in the entire U.S.

My point initially was in reference to 'being treated as fools"

Hyundai, whether US or Canada or elsewhere, seems to have a very messed up process of introducing the Ioniq.

Bottom line appears to be people are NOT happy with being unable to get information or the car. With all the powerful ways to communicate today you'd think Hyundai would take a simple and direct approach - be open about what is happening.

Sad thing is Hyundai is not the only manufacturer who plays odd games/strategies with new product introductions that are messy, frustrate customers and have unsatisfactory results for everyone.

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”