meghb

Hyundai’s Project IONIQ Lab Identifies 12 Mobility Megatrends

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:09 pm

The changing landscape of personal transportation through technology, car sharing and ride sharing has put pressure on automakers to reconsider their roles as just car manufacturers. Hyundai is the latest company to announce the establishment of a group to study the future of mobility. The Project IONIQ Lab is described as an open innovation organization between the automaker, academic bodies and universities to research and propose new mobility ideas and technologies.

The Lab will explore four key areas: freedom to use mobility whenever and wherever; freedom to connect to everyday life while on the move; freedom from accidents and inconveniences; and freedom from environmental pollution and energy exhaustion.

The Lab has already produced a set of 12 megatrends targeted for 2030 that the company predicts will influence both the auto industry and all of humanity.

01. Hyper-Connected Society

02. Hyper-Aging Society

03. Eco-Ism

04. Multi-Layered Mash-Up

05. Context-Awareness Based Individualization

06. High Concept Society

07. Decentralization of Power

08. Anxiety and Chaos

09. Sharing Society

10. Co-Evolution

11. Mega-Urbanization

12. Neo Frontierism

Hyundai has provided detailed descriptions of each of the trends here, and many are self explanatory. To summarize, the world will have an older population living clustered in large cities. Technology will be much more of a real-time accessory to our lives. This will continue to evolve the way we communicate and stay informed. The convergence of physical and virtual realms will have further implications on governments and industry, facilitating inclusion of more groups of people while leading to a diversification of power. Labor will see an influx of AI and robots forcing human work towards creative and strategic tasks. Infrastructure investment will be linked closely to environmental partnerships and/or conservation.

aidan

Re: Hyundai’s Project IONIQ Lab Identifies 12 Mobility Megatrends

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:25 am

I agree the landscape for automobile makers has changed eventually the infrastructure for charging stations made readily available will also fall back on them to some degree. The public wants eco-friendly good value for its money all in one not to mention great technology and luxury

Lisbon

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:38 pm

These trends are great. If the industries work on achieving these goals, it'll be better for everyone.
Last edited by Lisbon on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tessy

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Society wants easy n convient transportation that doesn't destroy the environment automakers will have to rise to that demand

hstyles

Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:38 pm

Tessy wrote:Society wants easy n convient transportation that doesn't destroy the environment automakers will have to rise to that demand

Exactly. No one's ignorant anymore. The big car industries have destroyed our environment enough. It's time they change it.,

sam

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:19 pm

I think the article shows a lot of Promise in changing the outlook on how Society is going to utilize efficient Transportation without waste or harm

devito

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:52 pm

I like this project and I'm sure it will be successful! http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/environmental-pollution-essay has an essay about the most urgent problem of nowadays - environmental pollution!

LAev

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:39 pm

devito wrote:I like this project and I'm sure it will be successful! http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/environmental-pollution-essay has an essay about the most urgent problem of nowadays - environmental pollution!

I do think environmental stewardship has become more commonplace if not at least awareness for many it's not just the car industry it is how we live our lives we must respect the environment

tylerc

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:25 pm

LAev wrote:
devito wrote:I like this project and I'm sure it will be successful! http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/environmental-pollution-essay has an essay about the most urgent problem of nowadays - environmental pollution!

I do think environmental stewardship has become more commonplace if not at least awareness for many it's not just the car industry it is how we live our lives we must respect the environment

I agree. We must live environment friendly to survive, there's just no other options anymore with every month being the hottest ever in the recorded history.

aidan

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:31 am

I totally agree that items number one and two should be high on that list a hyper aging Society also brings in a niche market and a specific kind of Market in the fact that they are open to technology but a portion or even large portion of the Aging segment of society doesn't want things too Techie

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”