nogas

If an all electric is purchased in the US will the warranty be void once we cross the border?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:50 am

If the Hyundai Ioniq all electric is not being offered in Canada there really may be no way of me getting my hands on one. I live close to the border so to purchase in the US would not be an issue however what happens to the warranty once I take it out of the country? My local Hyundai dealership will not be equipped to service or provide maintenance on it as it will not have the equipment or possible infrastructure to do it. HMMMM... not liking the thought that maybe Canadians won't get the all electric version

goncalo

Re: If an all electric is purchased in the US will the warranty be void once we cross the border?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Where did you heard no electric for Canadian people!?

I reserve one back in beginning of march and got my serial number last week! Should arrive at my dealer in may 1st.

PluggedIn

Re: If an all electric is purchased in the US will the warranty be void once we cross the border?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 am

That's only a couple of weeks away - hope it arrives on time! That will be exciting.

voltage

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

goncalo wrote:Where did you heard no electric for Canadian people!?

I reserve one back in beginning of march and got my serial number last week! Should arrive at my dealer in may 1st.

Oh really!!! That is great news. I read an article last week I hope I can find it again and post on here about how only selected US cities were going to receive the all electric and the rest of us in North America would have to wait until we could get it shipped in. I will try to find the article by the end of the week. WOW so glad you answered really good news

voltage

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 pm

http://www.autotrader.ca/expert/2017022 ... -electric/

Well I didn't find the link I was looking for but did find one showing that yes of course the Ioniq all electric will be selling in Canada with a starting price of $24,000.00

PluggedIn

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks for finding that... I guess that solves the problem.

SparkE

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:25 am

voltage wrote:http://www.autotrader.ca/expert/20170220/first-drive-2017-hyundai-ioniq-hybrid-and-ioniq-electric/

Well I didn't find the link I was looking for but did find one showing that yes of course the Ioniq all electric will be selling in Canada with a starting price of $24,000.00

Incorrect. Pasted from the article :

Pricing (estimated)

Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid

Blue: ~$24,000
SE (40% volume trim): $TBC
Luxury (30% volume roughly): $TBC
Limited with Technology Package ~$33,000

Hyundai Ioniq Electric (not including provincial rebates)

SE (10% expected volume): ~$35,000
SE with Cold Climate Package (75% expected volume): ~$36,000
Limited (15% expected volume): ~$42,000

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”