meghb
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:14 pm

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:42 am

Did Hyundai bring Ioniq in the market as a competition of Toyota Prius? These words are pretty straight forward.
Hyundai doesn’t just want to be Toyota, it wants to break Toyota, in part by relentlessly copying the Big T’s jiujitsu.


However, this entire article is full of interesting facts on Ioniq hybrid so I thought to share it in the Ioniq EV forum. Read it from here: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-hyundai-ioniq-hybrid-full-test-review

ioniqfan
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Ioniq wins just on style alone, it looks 1000 times better than Prius. Prius seems like an over-priced stool beside Ioniq.

ginforce
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Wed May 03, 2017 2:35 am

meghb wrote:Did Hyundai bring Ioniq in the market as a competition of Toyota Prius? These words are pretty straight forward.
Hyundai doesn’t just want to be Toyota, it wants to break Toyota, in part by relentlessly copying the Big T’s jiujitsu.


However, this entire article is full of interesting facts on Ioniq hybrid so I thought to share it in the Ioniq EV forum. Read it from here: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-hyundai-ioniq-hybrid-full-test-review



The quoted section is funny they don't want to beat Toyota they want to break Toyota K Toyota can't be broken its way to established and will continue putting out fantastic product as time goes on the rhetoric between car companies is funny at times

JimmYK
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Thu May 04, 2017 12:38 am

ioniqfan wrote:Ioniq wins just on style alone, it looks 1000 times better than Prius. Prius seems like an over-priced stool beside Ioniq.


Should we give that much importance on the look when Toyota is way more efficient than Ioniq?

citygirl
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Thu May 04, 2017 3:39 pm

I just don't see it happening. Look at the Chevy Volt it was a huge seller for Chevy and only was discontinued after the bolt came into play because the Bolt is a better car I can't imagine anyone out Priusing the Prius. Toyota will keep improving the Prius or introduce a model way better than the Prius. They will not stay stagnent with the Prius. Imo ;)

iQuin00palette
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:03 am

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Thu May 04, 2017 4:13 pm

citygirl wrote:I just don't see it happening. Look at the Chevy Volt it was a huge seller for Chevy and only was discontinued after the bolt came into play because the Bolt is a better car I can't imagine anyone out Priusing the Prius. Toyota will keep improving the Prius or introduce a model way better than the Prius. They will not stay stagnent with the Prius. Imo ;)


Agreed. Toyota was one of the first names we hear when electric cars were introduced to the market. Hyundai has shown some great improvements over the years, but certainly it cannot shush away Toyota from market.

SparkE
Moderator
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Fri May 05, 2017 5:18 am

The Volt has not been discontinued at all. It is still one of the most sold EVs on the market.

ioniqfan
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Fri May 05, 2017 9:38 am

JimmYK wrote:
ioniqfan wrote:Ioniq wins just on style alone, it looks 1000 times better than Prius. Prius seems like an over-priced stool beside Ioniq.


Should we give that much importance on the look when Toyota is way more efficient than Ioniq?


Well, we are comparing this (Prius)...
Image

...with this (Ioniq).
Image


I don't know about anyone else but I think Prius is angry at me! Yeah, we really can't ignore the efficiency just for the look, but Ioniq comes in $2,500 less than Prius. That's another positive and something buyers cannot ignore. So if anyone is satisfied with the efficiency Ioniq gives, it will be a preferable choice between these two.

Lisbon
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:01 am

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Fri May 05, 2017 12:20 pm

SparkE wrote:The Volt has not been discontinued at all. It is still one of the most sold EVs on the market.


But the sell quantity has been reduced than the previous years. However, they are making some improvements as well. It will not reach to the situation like discontinuation.

SparkE
Moderator
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid: Korea's attempt to out-Prius the Prius

Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Lisbon wrote:
SparkE wrote:The Volt has not been discontinued at all. It is still one of the most sold EVs on the market.


But the sell quantity has been reduced than the previous years. However, they are making some improvements as well. It will not reach to the situation like discontinuation.


I have no idea where you are getting your information, but you are wrong.

The claim (by citygirl) was that the Volt was discontinued - it has not been discontinued.

You appear to be saying that the Volt isn't selling as well this year - that is incorrect. Comparing Jan-Apr sales of the Volt in 2016 and 2017, and the Volt is selling MORE (so far) than it did in 2016. So far, the Volt is the best selling EV in 2017 (in the U.S.) : outselling the Tesla S and the Prius Prime.

http://insideevs.com/april-2017-plug-in ... port-card/

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”