evguy

IONIQ vs the Bolt

Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:21 pm

We all know this is the comparison that's happening in people's minds, so let's hash it out here.

Of course, all of this changes when we know the IONIQ EV pricing, but for now, let's assume the price is low enough on the IONIQ that it makes up for the shorter range.

If you only need the range that the IONIQ can provide, then we have to compare based on other specs.

Like:
- acceleration/performance
- charge rate
- seating capacity and cargo capacity
- warranty on drivetrain and battery pack specifically
- availability in your location

SparkE

Re: IONIQ vs the Bolt

Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:08 am

The big one for me is " availability in your location ". It just isn't available in most of the 'industrial' world. As far as I can *guess*, it looks like a tad more than 2000 units sold world-wide in about a year.

terra

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:47 am

SparkE wrote:The big one for me is " availability in your location ". It just isn't available in most of the 'industrial' world. As far as I can *guess*, it looks like a tad more than 2000 units sold world-wide in about a year.

I agree that availability is of course a deal killer - but more importantly is price vs. range. The Ioniq Electric will serve all my needs, but if it's anywhere close to the Bolt cost then I'd have to move to the Chevy camp pretty fast.

SparkE - what's your comment about only 2000 being sold last year? It went on sale late in the year, and only in South Korea I think so far?

SparkE

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:25 am

You were one of the first people to join the forum (May 31st, 2016), but waited 8 months before making your first post? What is up with THAT!??

SparkE

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:16 am

Hey, I didn't notice the first time I read this thread - TWO posters who joined the SAME DAY and AT THE SAME TIME 8 months ago and BOTH decide to make their first posts THE SAME DAY !!

WOW !!!!! What a coincidence !!!!

meghb

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:12 pm

SparkE wrote:The big one for me is " availability in your location ". It just isn't available in most of the 'industrial' world. As far as I can *guess*, it looks like a tad more than 2000 units sold world-wide in about a year.

That's the most important factor. We can debate out every single detail in the Hyundai IONIQ forum but at the end of the day, the car that's available on your location wins the sales race.

citygirl

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:49 am

To me the Ionicqs warrantie is the best by far and way better looking.
The bolts range beats the Ionicqs and is available in my area. It would be a hard choice for me.

SparkE

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:00 am

The warranty WHERE exactly (it is location/country dependent)? And what is the warranty??

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”