oceanroad

Anyone actually considering the subscription for the EV?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:28 pm

So as the time draws nearer to make a serious decision about whether or not I go for the IONIQ Electric (now that we know the price is very competitive), I've been thinking about the subscription program.

Hyundai calls it Ioniq Unlimited, it only applies to the EV model, but it covers the costs of charging, unlimited mileage, scheduled maintenance, wear items and registration and other purchase fees.

From what I can find online, it will be offered in California in early 2017
( http://www.automotive-fleet.com/news/st ... rship.aspx )

This all leaves me with many questions.

1. Pricing has been announced for the Ioniq Electric and Ioniq Hybrid, but have they announced subscription costs?

2. Do we know anything else, like how long of a subscription does one need to sign up for?

3. What is charging costs? Will they cover your electricity at home, or is it some sort of deal with a charging network like EVGo?

oceanroad

Re: Anyone actually considering the subscription for the EV?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Ha! Wow, ok, so I didn't read closely. In the article I linked to it says this:

Hyundai is pitching the program as "hassle free" and will allow customers to select their vehicle online from a dealer's inventory and sign up for a 24- or 36-month term. Customers can preview their all-inclusive monthly payment online. Once they complete a credit application and receive approval, they can head to the dealership to complete the purchase. Customers can expect no haggling, according to Hyundai.

So the remaining questions are:

1. Pricing has been announced for the Ioniq Electric and Ioniq Hybrid, but have they announced subscription costs?

3. What is charging costs? Will they cover your electricity at home, or is it some sort of deal with a charging network like EVGo?

PluggedIn

Re: Anyone actually considering the subscription for the EV?

Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 pm

This may partially answer your question. On cnet.com they say the program " includes all maintenance and reimbursement for charging costs for 36 months and up to 50,000 miles".

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2017-hyundai-ioniq/preview/

Not sure how they handle the reimbursement though...

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”