hyio

Ontario Leasing Options/MSRP

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:53 am

Anyone know what the pricing of the Hyundai Ioniq Electric in Ontario would be? I would like to negotiate on the MSRP, would it be worse to negotiate early in the release of the Ioniq because the demand for the car would be higher and the supply possibly low? Any ideas on how aggressively Hyundai is trying to sell the Ioniq Electric?

I was at the Whiteoak Ford dealership in Erin Mills last weekend, and they seemed to not care about negotiating on the MSRP of the Ford Focus EV. The sales person said that they only have one FFE in stock and they will have no problem getting rid of it. Seems like they were artificially keeping the supply low on the FFE, and don't really care about selling high quantities of the car. I hope this is not the case with the Hyundai Ioniq Electric.

PluggedIn

Re: Ontario Leasing Options/MSRP

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:59 am

It could be a little harder to negotiate when it's newly released. The Ioniq is developing a very favourable reputation, so it is likely to be popular. It would be unfortunate if dealerships purposely keep the inventory low. With the subsidy in Ontario, it will likely be a good seller.

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”