m16charged

California to get the Ioniqs

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 pm

The first version to arrive is the Ioniq Hybrid, which is now on sale at Hyundai dealerships nationwide with a starting price of $22,200 (plus $835 freight) and a maximum EPA fuel-economy rating of 58 mpg – better than the most-fuel-efficient Prius.

Coming in April will be the 2017 Ioniq EV, with a starting price of $29,500 – or just $22,000 after a $7,500 federal tax credit. It will be available at dealerships in California, or by special order only at dealers outside California.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/cars/g-cha ... rylink=cpy

Coming this fall, as a 2018 model, will be the Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid. No prices have been announced yet, but it will have a range of 27 miles on battery power alone, which means that owners who have short daily commutes might not need to buy gasoline very often. The gasoline engine kicks in when the battery gets low, or the driver switches to “Sport” driving mode.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/cars/g-cha ... rylink=cpy

So it looks like California will be the state that receives the Ioniq. The phev is not coming until the fall as a 2018 model is the plug but it doesn't say what states it will be delivered too first but my bet is California. I read a couple weeks ago that if more states get on board and follow the California emissions rules that more electric vehicle models will be delivered to those states

IonFight333

Re: California to get the Ioniqs

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Wow, great news for California. Hyundai Ioniq EV comes with the better fuel economy which makes Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid, Prius, Chevrolet, Honda Civic etc. less appealing. I know Ioniq EV forum people will agree with me on this.

splitmitten

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Yup it is good news for California but like Tesla if the cars are only getting delivered to the states that show the most interest or have better infrastructure etc it costs more to everyone else to ship them in. I know that is how the cookie crumbles but still it seems unfair.

PluggedIn

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:36 am

Maybe they're so popular in California that the supply is being used up there and there aren't many available for delivery elsewhere! Certainly seems like release dates keep slipping by...

PSWilson

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:23 pm

PluggedIn wrote:Maybe they're so popular in California that the supply is being used up there and there aren't many available for delivery elsewhere! Certainly seems like release dates keep slipping by...

We must wait a month to see April sales results and continue to guess what is happening - while I can appreciate the guess made in this post, does not explain why Hyundai has not made more public statements about things like pricing (in Canada), availability, rollout details, etc.

It is easy to see what other manufacturers are doing and while not always great, it is much better than how Hyundai is dealing with releasing the Ioniq

citygirl

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:40 am

PSWilson wrote:
PluggedIn wrote:Maybe they're so popular in California that the supply is being used up there and there aren't many available for delivery elsewhere! Certainly seems like release dates keep slipping by...

We must wait a month to see April sales results and continue to guess what is happening - while I can appreciate the guess made in this post, does not explain why Hyundai has not made more public statements about things like pricing (in Canada), availability, rollout details, etc.

It is easy to see what other manufacturers are doing and while not always great, it is much better than how Hyundai is dealing with releasing the Ioniq

I also think because we have no concrete information assumptions are being made and it leads to disappointment and frusteration

PSWilson

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:29 pm

citygirl wrote:
PSWilson wrote:

I also think because we have no concrete information assumptions are being made and it leads to disappointment and frusteration

My guess is that Hyundai does not realize the impact lack of information and delays have on early adopters resulting in loss of sales, goodwill and influence. A new car introduction in today's environment is much different than it was in the past. As long as I am guessing, I don't believe people will wait for Hyundai as other companies introduce EVs that can be ordered not promised as 'coming soon'

citygirl

Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 pm

PSWilson wrote:
citygirl wrote:
PSWilson wrote:We must wait a month to see April sales results and continue to guess what is happening - while I can appreciate the guess made in this post, does not explain why Hyundai has not made more public statements about things like pricing (in Canada), availability, rollout details, etc.

I totally agree. Was also reading g about how by the time the Ioniq is readily available there will be very long range EV's making the Ioniq far less appealing

My guess is that Hyundai does not realize the impact lack of information and delays have on early adopters resulting in loss of sales, goodwill and influence. A new car introduction in today's environment is much different than it was in the past. As long as I am guessing, I don't believe people will wait for Hyundai as other companies introduce EVs that can be ordered not promised as 'coming soon'

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”