carFlyer213

Road test: Hyundai’s Ioniq offers viable eco options

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:06 pm

An interesting review of Hyundai IONIQ. i believe members of this IONIQ forum will enjoy it.

By opting for a simpler torsion beam rear suspension, the all-electric Ioniq can accommodate the larger 28kWh battery pack in the rear without losing too much bootspace (down 93 litres on the hybrid).
However, it does mean more bodyroll. Clearly, despite the coupé references, this is not a car you throw into corners - and it tends to understeer - but thanks to the impressive acceleration of the electric powertrain you can power out of bends faster than the hybrid.
And so we come to the elephant in every electric car garage: range anxiety.
As with official fuel economy figures, the motoring world has long embraced the Trumpist era of “post-truth”. Officially the electric Ioniq delivers 280km on a single charge. That’s a figure measured in specific test conditions. A more realistic range cited is 210km in the summer and 170km in the winter, when the use of heaters and lights drain more battery power. That said, those are more impressive ’real-life’ figures than its rivals.

Full review: http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/road-test-hyundai-s-ioniq-offers-viable-eco-options-1.2874134

SparkE

Re: Road test: Hyundai’s Ioniq offers viable eco options

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Articles about this vehicle are very common. Appearance of these vehicles is very rare. The only information I am looking forward to reading about is "when will this vehicle be available for sale in North America".

goncalo

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:01 am

Samething here!!!
It's been months now that the car is out and still no new for North America!! No dates and no price!!!
I'm from Canada and can't wait to go see it by myself and try it for real instead of readings reviews of the car!!!

aidan

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:33 am

goncalo wrote:Samething here!!!
It's been months now that the car is out and still no new for North America!! No dates and no price!!!
I'm from Canada and can't wait to go see it by myself and try it for real instead of readings reviews of the car!!!

I hear ya!

Return to “Hyundai IONIQ Reviews”