JejuSoul

Re: 1750km Test Drive in Ioniq Electric

Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:39 am

These drivers in Sweden are happy with their Ioniq EV. - http://teknikensvarld.se/vinnaren-av-te ... ar-370239/

The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JejuSoul

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:14 am

The Navigation system on the car I drove came with a choice of two languages. English and Korean.
In both there is a spoken female voice that gives directions.
In Korean only I have voice recognition software, which I have briefly tested and found to be fairly useless.
I tend not to use the navigation in Jeju, but on my long roadtrip around Korea in the Ioniq EV, I was fully dependant on Serena telling me where to go. After a while I got used to talking back to her, even though clearly she wasn't listening.

I've been looking inside the voice app: com.hkmc.mediazen.voicehandler.
The two voices on my car are

KOK TTS VOICE MODEL = YUNA
KOK TTS ENTER PROMPT = 네에 말씀하세요
Sample - Yuna's Voice
and
ENG TTS VOICE MODEL = SERENA
ENG TTS ENTER PROMPT = Please, Say Command
Sample - Serena's Voice

In the USA you get
ENU TTS VOICE MODEL = SAMANTHA
ENU TTS ENTER PROMPT = Please, Say Command
Sample - Samantha's Voice

From the mediazen website here - http://www.mediazen.co.kr/en/index.html
I can see the list of the 22 languages available

I don't have samples on my car for the other languages, But I do have 20 of the 22 names. No Norwegian or Slovakian in my list.
Anyone want to share what these voices sound like.

Code: Select all

French : FRF TTS VOICE MODEL    = AUDREY
French Canadian: FRC TTS VOICE MODEL    = JULIE
Spanish: SPE TTS VOICE MODEL    = MONICA
Mexican Spanish: SPM TTS VOICE MODEL    = PAULINA
German: GED TTS VOICE MODEL    = ANNA
Swedish: SWS TTS VOICE MODEL    = ALVA
Dutch: DUN TTS VOICE MODEL    = CLAIRE
Danish: DAD TTS VOICE MODEL    = IDA
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JejuSoul

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:39 am

It's becoming embarrassing to post on this forum given that 90% of the content seems to be posted by a spambot. The same spambot, using about 10 different names posts to all the 'quiet' forums on this website. Most annoying of all is that the spambot replies to its own fake posts with fake comments. At first I thought the spambot must be a Hyundai one, attempting to increase interest in this car. But given that it posts to many different 'quiet' forums, and the spambot avoids the forums which are frequented by actual users, it seems that the spambot must be run by the owner of the website.

humungus

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:53 am

Interesting observation, though I must admit that in fact I don't see to many posts on this forum at all. I find this unfortunate as I myself am highly interested in this car, but it being new and not even being available in some countries I can understand that. No doubt that in time activity will increase.

At the moment the most active contributors are yourself and Jan Treur, both with mostly interesting comments and observations. The rest may or may not be fake posts, but that really doesn't bother me much at the moment. The numbers are simply to small to prevent me from filtering what is and what is not of interest to me. As long as people like you or Jan keep posting the good stuff I will keep reading....

JanTreur

Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:00 pm

It is indeed remarkable that there is not much more activity in a forum about such an interesting car or concept. I also participate in some other forums, for example, https://speakev.com, and http://www.ioniqforum.com/, that are much more active. There is also a very active German forum I just discovered: http://www.goingelectric.de/forum/hyundai-ioniq/ (you may have to apply Google Translate)

SparkE

Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:01 am

JejuSoul wrote:It's becoming embarrassing to post on this forum given that 90% of the content seems to be posted by a spambot. The same spambot, using about 10 different names posts to all the 'quiet' forums on this website. Most annoying of all is that the spambot replies to its own fake posts with fake comments. At first I thought the spambot must be a Hyundai one, attempting to increase interest in this car. But given that it posts to many different 'quiet' forums, and the spambot avoids the forums which are frequented by actual users, it seems that the spambot must be run by the owner of the website.

Yes, THANK YOU!! I have stopepd coming here, except maybe twice a month because most of the posts are empty crap. No information, just "oh, my, how interesting!".

The Ioniq is STILL not available in Canada or the US and *that* is the info I am looking for (although the actual, real info from people actual experiences around the world is wonderful as well).

Whoever is posting content-null content under 5-10 different logins is doing this site a disservice and should be banned.

JejuSoul

Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks for the replies. Just a few comments above this I posted "on my long roadtrip around Korea in the Ioniq EV, I was fully dependant on Serena (the navigation voice) telling me where to go. After a while I got used to talking back to her, even though clearly she wasn't listening. I don't think talking to the Spambot is much user either. I'm just going to ignore it, and will link from here to the real posts, such as Jan's thread on real range. Just to make sure the actual good info doesn't get lost in a mountain of spam.

JanTreur wrote:I also participate in some other forums, for example, https://speakev.com, and http://www.ioniqforum.com/, that are much more active. There is also a very active German forum I just discovered: http://www.goingelectric.de/forum/hyundai-ioniq/ (you may have to apply Google Translate)

Yes, it is probably a good idea to use the other forums.

--------------------------------------------------

Here's an example of the spambot in action. There are hundreds of pages like this all across this website. If you look at the time the supposedly different users joined the forum it becomes immediately apparent that they are in fact the same.

Jychevyvolt

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:16 am

I've been activity reading all the post. Keep posting on this site.

I think Hyundai should skip the US release until the 200 mile version comes out. US is SUV, truck territory.

Disadvantages
1. Electric.
2. Compact car.
3. Low range.
4. High price.
5. Low performance.

It seems like the Niro will have better success in the US market than the Ioniq.

LeftieBiker

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm certainly interested in the Ioniq now. Nissan has failed to improve the current Leaf one iota from 2016, GM is preparing to rip off lessees and make buying a Bolt off-lease not feasible (not to mention those terrible hard seats), and no other EV has the features I need. My last lease extension ends on my Leaf in May, so I'm hoping that the Ioniq - even the 124 miles version - may be what I lease next. I only need a solid 100 miles of range, 80 in Winter.

SparkE

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Well, because of both the Bolt and the upcoming Tesla3, <100 mile/range EVs will probably drop in price a lot. Nissan is rumored to be offering fantastic deals on leases for new 2017 LEAFs, and other car vendors may be doing the same soon. If a LEAF works for your needs, why not get a $110/mo lease on a new one?

Return to “Hyundai IONIQ Reviews”