JejuSoul

Re: 1750km Test Drive in Ioniq Electric

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Jychevyvolt wrote:I think Hyundai should skip the US release until the 200 mile version comes out. .

I think so too, but it seems unlikely. I think the Ioniq EV will release in North America this Spring. The new battery will not be available so soon.

There is a new version of the IONIQ EV - out in February 2017 in Korea.

... it will have four centimetres more rear roof space ... ---- see http://www.etnews.com/20170103000233

This was my main complaint about the current version. I guess they were listening! No other major changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Most of my free time at the moment is spent working on the Torque Pro codes for Hyundai / Kia EVs.

The file lists and comments for programmers / coders who are developing them will be in the Readme pages.
One for each car. Here's the one for the Ioniq EV. - Torque Codes for the Ioniq EV

Most users would probably want to see a help file, not the coding.
The instructions on how to install the files, and how to use Torque will be html documentation in the docs folder.
This is viewable at Setting up Torque Pro to show OBD data on Hyundai / Kia Electric Vehicles
It is much easier to maintain one generic help file, for all the cars using the codes.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Jychevyvolt

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks jeju.

You asked why someone would get the Ioniq over the Bolt EV. I think Hyundai was asking the same question and came up with Ioniq unlimited.

Ioniq unlimited:
Monthly plan
Term:24,36 months
Miles allowed: unlimited
Maintenance: Free
Electricity: Free

I have a 80 mile commute in Southern California. Standard lease is 10,000, 12,000, 15,000 miles/year. With my 80 mile commute, I'm averaging 25,000-30,000 miles/year.

If the Ioniq unlimited is priced right, it's way cheaper to lease the Ioniq than buying the Bolt EV.

Ioniq unlimited
Price: ?? ( Hopefully around $300)
Term: 36 months (need 30 months to qualify for $2500-4000 CA rebate).
Electricity: $80-100/month savings
Maintenance: free, all inclusive (tire also cost $600)
Total cost: less than $200/month without depreciation.

LeftieBiker

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:37 am

SparkE wrote:Well, because of both the Bolt and the upcoming Tesla3, <100 mile/range EVs will probably drop in price a lot. Nissan is rumored to be offering fantastic deals on leases for new 2017 LEAFs, and other car vendors may be doing the same soon. If a LEAF works for your needs, why not get a $110/mo lease on a new one?

It's taken me this long to reply because it's taken this long to get back in the forum, after being automatically "registered" by the site. Yikes. Anyway, the only $110 Leaf lease offer I've seen was for an S, on the West coast. I live in Upstate NY, and want an SV with Premium Package, if I get any Leaf at all. Those go for $305 a month with several thousand down, if I remember Nissan's offer correctly. And Premium probably costs extra. Not a great deal.

SparkE

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:30 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
SparkE wrote:Well, because of both the Bolt and the upcoming Tesla3, <100 mile/range EVs will probably drop in price a lot. Nissan is rumored to be offering fantastic deals on leases for new 2017 LEAFs, and other car vendors may be doing the same soon. If a LEAF works for your needs, why not get a $110/mo lease on a new one?

The only $110 Leaf lease offer I've seen was for an S, on the West coast. I live in Upstate NY, and want an SV with Premium Package, if I get any Leaf at all. Those go for $305 a month with several thousand down, if I remember Nissan's offer correctly. And Premium probably costs extra. Not a great deal.

Well, there will most likely be 'specials' as sales/lease numbers plummet, with much lower prices. Dec 2016 was a banner month for Nissan, as people were worried about Trump gutting the $7500 tax credit on EVs in 2017. Just watch for deals being published. The other thing is that since you are already a LEAF lessee, you may be able to get out of your current lease a few months early, at no cost IF you ask for it. You'd only do that if 'the right special' came along, but telling the dealer "yeah, I'd love to sign up for another 3 years but I still have 3 months left on this LEAF" might get you out of your current lease. Of course, you have to make sure that they aren't hiding the costs of your previous lease in the current one. FIRST you get a quote for a new LEAF, *then* you try and get them to let you out of your current lease. You have them drooling over getting a customer signed, then you drop the news "... unfortunately, with my current lease ..."

There WILL be specials *soon*. And since the Ioniq isn't offered yet in the US, it may not be avail in NY when you need it to be. There are rumors that only a few thousand EVs have been produced so far (since spring), making it look like a 'compliance' car, the EV only being offered because it has to be. (If the plug-in hybrid has decent battery range, that might be an option as well.)

LeftieBiker

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm on my second one year lease extension - likely the last one, so stopping the lease is no issue at all. I'm hoping the Ioniq ill be here by May of this year. If not, there is yet another rumor that Nissan may offer another extension, plus a "trade in incentive" to current lessees who want to wait for Leaf 2. With the Bolt likely failing the butt (and wallet) test for me, I'd lease a 2017 Leaf as a last resort, reluctantly.

JejuSoul

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:33 pm

The new version of the Ioniq Electric in Korea with the 4cm extra rear roof will be an additional trim. The two existing trims N and Q will keep the existing roof.
The new trim is designed for taxis, rental cars and car sharing companies.
http://www.etnews.com/20170208000457
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JanTreur

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:16 am

Was the extra 4 cm obtained by a higher roof or a lower seat (or both)?

JejuSoul

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:44 am

JanTreur wrote:Was the extra 4 cm obtained by a higher roof or a lower seat (or both)?

Am hearing that it is actually only 2cm increased head room by lowering the seat. I have no photos yet.
Should be some soon. It was released yesterday.

deckhand

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:47 am

Hi Forumersl,

I would like to ask, have anyone here experience in renting EV Car (Especially Hyundai Ioniq EV) at Jeju Island? I have below questions:

1. How far (distance in km) you can drive with 1 full charging?

2. How long (in hours) time would we need to fully charge the car (considering both normal and fast charging station)?

3. How convenient it is to rent the EV car to drive around the island (Is it easy to find the charging station especially in Seogwipo area)?

4. Can we leave the car without have to look for it during charging (if the charging take hours)?

5. Does the rental company provide the electric charging station card (or we need to get it elsewhere)?

I found and intend to rent the EV Car (Hyundai Ioniq) from Sixt to drive around Jeju Island.

You advise and experience are very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Have a nice day.

https://tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g9832 ... sland.html

JejuSoul

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 am

deckhand wrote:....
1. How far (distance in km) you can drive with 1 full charging?
2. How long (in hours) time would we need to fully charge the car (considering both normal and fast charging station)?
3. How convenient it is to rent the EV car to drive around the island (Is it easy to find the charging station especially in Seogwipo area)?
4. Can we leave the car without have to look for it during charging (if the charging take hours)?
5. Does the rental company provide the electric charging station card (or we need to get it elsewhere)?
I found and intend to rent the EV Car (Hyundai Ioniq) from Sixt to drive around Jeju Island.

Hi deckhand,
It is very easy to rent and drive an Ioniq EV on Jeju island. Switch the navigation to English and it will do everything for you.
1. The Ioniq EV will easily drive around the entire island on a single charge. The Ioniq EV will have >200km range here.
The roads are slow, and there are many speed cameras. Drive safely.
2. 30 minutes at a fast charger or 4 hours overnight at a slow. Many hotels have slow chargers.
3. Very, very easy. There are more than 200 charging sites on the island.
4. During the day - move the car after 30 minutes on a fast charge. other people will be waiting.
5. I have used Tamnarent and SKRental - both provide charge cards. I assume sixt must do the same.

Good luck.

Return to “Hyundai IONIQ Reviews”