m16charged

Ioniq in the UK gets so-so review

Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:53 am

This review surprised me. I have been reading really excellent reviews about this vehicle but the review it received recently out of the UK was only so-so

The Hyundai IONIQ Electric has now taken a bow in UK, so we can now note the early test drive returns on the all-electric model.

According to Autocar, excitement isn’t the strong suit of the IONIQ Electric, but it’s still a decent car with relatively quick acceleration, excellent for city use with its smooth power delivery.

The quiet electric motor (as found in all other BEVs) does however reveal some background noise penetrating into the cabin –road roar and wind noise at speed, so perhaps not enough attention was given to insulating the plug-in version over the straight hybrid by Hyundai.

The brakes also don’t appeal to Autocar, as responsiveness seems to be an issue.

http://insideevs.com/hyundai-ioniq-elec ... ve-review/

m16charged

Re: Ioniq in the UK gets so-so review

Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:06 am

Yeah again I don't get this review because I have just read a ton of great reviews where the Ioniq is on top ten lists :roll:

ginforce

Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:59 am

oh my gosh this was a very mediocre review. Im surprised :o

westernkicks

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:08 am

This is not shocking but a def surprise of sorts. There are a lot of quality EVs that have come out this year but it is a poor review for sure

elfi

Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:25 pm

I drove electric Ioniq recently during the Sweden introduction weekend, text is in Swedish:
http://ackumulator.blogspot.se/2016/11/ ... ctric.html
I like Ioniq it is pleasant newcomer and my conclusion is as follows:

POSITIVE:
Solid feeling of build quality and features,
Very good efficiency even is very cold Swedish sub zero test drive I have achived 16kWh/100km or 26.5kW/100miles
Climate with only driver heat/cold is very positive and energy efficient

NEGATIVE:
Noise level is too-high with Marshal stud winter tires,
No App in Europe to control car charging or preheating/climate,
Regenerativ brake and mechanical brake have jerky feeling,
In slippery road car feels a bit too-much understeer,
I would prefer charge inlet on passenger side instead of driver, open button on remote is missing,

My conclusion it is OK electric alternative with very good efficiency and solid build with a lots of standard features but too pricey in Sweden 41.000USD start price or 36.600USD after state electric car rebate… isn’t too high on my wish list unfortunately!

(Please do not kill the messenger… :roll:

ginforce

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:49 am

elfi wrote:I drove electric Ioniq recently during the Sweden introduction weekend, text is in Swedish:
http://ackumulator.blogspot.se/2016/11/ ... ctric.html
I like Ioniq it is pleasant newcomer and my conclusion is as follows:

POSITIVE:
Solid feeling of build quality and features,
Very good efficiency even is very cold Swedish sub zero test drive I have achived 16kWh/100km or 26.5kW/100miles
Climate with only driver heat/cold is very positive and energy efficient

NEGATIVE:
Noise level is too-high with Marshal stud winter tires,
No App in Europe to control car charging or preheating/climate,
Regenerativ brake and mechanical brake have jerky feeling,
In slippery road car feels a bit too-much understeer,
I would prefer charge inlet on passenger side instead of driver, open button on remote is missing,

My conclusion it is OK electric alternative with very good efficiency and solid build with a lots of standard features but too pricey in Sweden 41.000USD start price or 36.600USD after state electric car rebate… isn’t too high on my wish list unfortunately!

(Please do not kill the messenger… :roll:

Good honest review. The cost is a bit high

nogas

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:47 am

Where we live makes a huge difference to what standards we put forth for our vehicle. Reading the review from Sweden where winter is a serious season not like south and south western parts of Canada and the US where the weather stays mild and winter tires aren't even considered most years. Winter tire noise is not part of the performance review for me. Also another thing would be a hot climate versus a mild climate - I very seldom use the AC in my vehicle or home however many people do and for their vehicle it may make a big impact on their review

newbie1

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:48 am

This was really shocking. I haven't read a bad or so so review yet. Has anyone else? I think climate and location also play a big role in a cars worthiness. For really wet or cold conditions not every vehicle is going to be a slam dunk but the UK is not extreme in its climates so that can't really play a big factor in this bad review I geuss the person really didn't like the car. I will take notes though as criticism is knowledge lots of times

PluggedIn

Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:34 am

I didn't think the review was that bad. They did call it a decent car with relatively quick acceleration and an excellent city car. I'm not sure how many people would buy an all electric vehicle for highway driving.

Return to “Hyundai IONIQ Reviews”