m16charged

Recent Review from North America

Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:57 am

Hyundai released some of the specifications for its upcoming IONIQ Electric, complete with EPA fuel economy ratings showing a 125 MPGe combined efficiency rating.

Previously, the Korean company estimated EPA the range at 110 miles (177 km) on a 28 kWh battery.

And while we know that MPGe isn’t exactly the most loved indicator of plug-in performance in the EV community, it is directly related to the amount of energy (including charging) needed for driving.

125 MPGe translates to some 16.8 kWh per 100 km (62 miles).

The big news for Hyundai is that the IONIQ Electric is now the most energy efficient car, as the “old” BMW i3 (24 kWh) was rated at 124 MPGe – which interestingly is actually 6 more than the new i3 all-electric (33 kWh).

Update : After some confusion, and speaking with Toyota people, the reign of the Hyundai IONIQ Electric at the very top will only be for a couple months, as the Prius Prime (recently announced from $27,100 +DST in the US) after being rated at 124 MPGe combined on Tuesday, has now been adjusted to 133 MPGe 24 hours later.

The Bolt EV at 119 MPGe perhaps isn’t the very best, but with a 60 kWh battery on board (and more weight to deal with) is by far the best among long-range EVs, even with without using CFRP like in the i3.

http://insideevs.com/hyundai-ioniq-elec ... -top-spot/

This review states the Ioniq is the most energy effecient vehicle as of right now

goncalo

Re: Recent Review from North America

Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Do you have an idea of the price in north america?

ginforce

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:42 am

m16charged wrote:Hyundai released some of the specifications for its upcoming IONIQ Electric, complete with EPA fuel economy ratings showing a 125 MPGe combined efficiency rating.

Previously, the Korean company estimated EPA the range at 110 miles (177 km) on a 28 kWh battery.

And while we know that MPGe isn’t exactly the most loved indicator of plug-in performance in the EV community, it is directly related to the amount of energy (including charging) needed for driving.

The big news for Hyundai is that the IONIQ Electric is now the most energy efficient car, as the “old” BMW i3 (24 kWh) was rated at 124 MPGe – which interestingly is actually 6 more than the new i3 all-electric (33 kWh).

Update : After some confusion, and speaking with Toyota people, the reign of the Hyundai IONIQ Electric at the very top will only be for a couple months, as the Prius Prime (recently announced from $27,100 +DST in the US) after being rated at 124 MPGe combined on Tuesday, has now been adjusted to 133 MPGe 24 hours later.

The Bolt EV at 119 MPGe perhaps isn’t the very best, but with a 60 kWh battery on board (and more weight to deal with) is by far the best among long-range EVs, even with without using CFRP like in the i3.

This review states the Ioniq is the most energy effecient vehicle as of right now

I thought the bmwi3 was?

JanTreur

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:58 pm

Yes it was, but not anymore, see other topic.

aidan

Re: Recent Review from North America IMO based on the reviews, this one's a winner!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:17 am

m16charged wrote:Hyundai released some of the specifications for its upcoming IONIQ Electric, complete with EPA fuel economy ratings showing a 125 MPGe combined efficiency rating.

Return to “Hyundai IONIQ Reviews”