marta

Is Hyundai's EPA range in the IONIQ Electric really achievable?

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:35 pm

According to some owners comments below the U.S. news article on InsideEVs.com, this is what they say about the range and efficiency ratings on the IONIQ

February 6, 2017 at 1:02 pm

I can confirm the great number from the Ioniq. I own it now since more than a month and at my conditions (City and German Autobahn up to 74mph, cold 14 to 23F) I easily achieve at the moment >100 miles with heating at 70F. With the slow US speed limits and warmer temperatures outside 125miles should be no real challenge for it.

February 6, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I have one. It does the EPA range even during the local winter here in Finland. Charging is also a snap, what ever the source you use due to the efficiency.

This is great news! Now all we need is an M.S.R.P. for North America :)

ioniqfan

Re: Is Hyundai's EPA range in the IONIQ Electric really achievable?

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:00 am

marta wrote:According to some owners comments below the U.S. news article on InsideEVs.com, this is what they say about the range and efficiency ratings on the IONIQ

February 6, 2017 at 1:02 pm

I can confirm the great number from the Ioniq. I own it now since more than a month and at my conditions (City and German Autobahn up to 74mph, cold 14 to 23F) I easily achieve at the moment >100 miles with heating at 70F. With the slow US speed limits and warmer temperatures outside 125miles should be no real challenge for it.

[quote] February 6, 2017 at 1:32 pm

This is amazing! Since it's an owner review, it's got a high chance of being correct.

OlliK

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:50 am

I've been driving my Ioniq for 3 months now, in New Zealand (temperatures between 10 and 30 degrees C), in town, on rural roads, highways and motorways, up to a speed of 100km/h. So far the promised range of 200km has been spot on - 1% of battery charge means 2km, and I can rely on that. My efficiency is around 8km/kWh, a bit less if I turn the aircon on. Can't complain - it performs as promised.

A recent test in Germany also confirmed that the Ioniq provided the best efficiency of all tested EV cars - around 14kWh/100km, which is a bit less than mine, but conditions were harsher and speeds were higher in the German test scenario, so that explains that.

Hope that helps.

Cheers from NZ
Olli

Phximiev

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:45 pm

New record? 256 miles:

https://youtu.be/NVxyVldnnuA

Needs a bit of a translate though.

Return to “General / Main Hyundai IONIQ Owners Forum”