LAev

Timing of the Ioniq

Mon May 01, 2017 2:41 am

I'm not an owner but this next little bit is only in my opinion so I thought I would use this area for it as it is not exactly big news lol

Imo I think the timing of the Ioniq couldn't be better. We have open infrastructure for things like ride share and Uber happening not to mention the possibilities for self driving vehicles. All these new areas are loving the hybrids the most. The Prius has been a favourite for a long time but with the Ioniq's excellent range I think it has a great change of being a long term contender.

PluggedIn

Re: Timing of the Ioniq

Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 am

I saw an ad today on tv for the Ioniq. Now that it's becoming available, I think there'll be a big push. It has advantages over the Prius so I think it will be a strong competitor.

new2evs

Re: Timing of the Ioniq

Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 pm

According to green car the ionic may be arriving just as brand new crop of mainstream high mileage over 200 miles electric vehicles and hybrids will hit showrooms in the US Hyundai has a 200 mile range eye on it planned for 2018 but car and driver and don't think that the ionic is arriving in North America at perfect timing they believe they may be a little bit behind due to the lack of mileage range. In summary green car thinks that ionic took too long to get into North America and therefore may be upstaged by the higher ranges of the new models coming out

Return to “General / Main Hyundai IONIQ Owners Forum”