Tessy

Re: Which car would you prefer: Hyundai IONIQ or Toyota Prius Prime?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:58 am

Heres a little something about the Ioniq and Pruis

http://www.notey.com/@carscoops_unoffic ... yotas.html

Hyundai is interested in attracting Uber drivers into its brand new Ioniq, on the back of Toyota's increasing dominance among drivers of the ride-sharing app.

Toyota offers lease deals on its cars for Uber drivers, particularly the hybrid Prius, and also invested money into Uber. While speaking with the media recently, Hyundai's eco-car boss Ki Sang Lee told Autocar that it could follow a similar route.

“We have certainly been looking into it,” he said. “The trouble is that Europe is such a complicated mix of different legislations, so it takes time to assess each and come up with a plan. Even so, we have definitely been looking into Uber and whether we can offer some sort of incentive.”

A key point of difference between the Ioniq and the Prius is that the former is available in full-electric guise. Sang Lee pinpointed this as a key selling point for Uber drivers, particularly in cities with established charging infrastructure.

“Toyota is well established in the UK and much of Europe when it comes to taxi services, we realise that. However, we think that by offering something slightly different we could benefit. For instance, using our pure-EV Ioniq in cities as taxis instead of the HEV - Toyota doesn't currently offer a pure-EV Prius,” he said

KiaSoulEV

Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:47 pm

tylerc wrote:
JimmYK wrote:First tell me their costs.

Hasn't been released yet. But the price can't be the only criterion for comparison.

While it is not the only criterion it is one of the most important. Otherwise everyone would be driving Ferraris and ignore fuel prices.

From memory the old plug-in prius was rather expensive, well over $30K (NA).
Its high cost pretty much pushed me to pure EV since for little bit more money I could get much bigger battery pack and no gas.

So yes the price is important and will determine if plug-in versions make sense or not.
If Hyundai can get the price low enough I may be very interested.

new2evs

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:38 am

For looks the Ioniq and the second preference for the Ioniq would be the warranty

JimmYK

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:15 pm

KiaSoulEV wrote:
tylerc wrote:
JimmYK wrote:First tell me their costs.

Hasn't been released yet. But the price can't be the only criterion for comparison.

While it is not the only criterion it is one of the most important. Otherwise everyone would be driving Ferraris and ignore fuel prices.

Its high cost pretty much pushed me to pure EV since for little bit more money I could get much bigger battery pack and no gas.

So yes the price is important and will determine if plug-in versions make sense or not.

I agree with you. Unless the price range is the same, there's no point in comparing the cars.

voltage

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm liking the all electric Ioniq but before I make my final decision in regards to the Prius I'm going to wait as the new Prius is getting some great reviews

tylerc

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:18 pm

JimmYK wrote:
KiaSoulEV wrote:
tylerc wrote:

I agree with you. Unless the price range is the same, there's no point in comparing the cars.

I agree that your point is logical but for some people the range is a variable too. So, for them the comparison between two cars from different price ranges are helpful.

JimmYK

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:50 am

tylerc wrote:
JimmYK wrote:
KiaSoulEV wrote:

I agree that your point is logical but for some people the range is a variable too. So, for them the comparison between two cars from different price ranges are helpful.

I see your point.

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”