JimmYK

Hyundai Ioniq plug-in hybrid to get Prime position If the Toyota Prius Prime ever comes here…

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:04 pm

An Australian launch for the Hyundai Ioniq plug-in hybrid hatch would see it priced in the space that Toyota’s plug-in Prius Prime would likely occupy – if the market-leading Japanese brand ever sees fit to bring it here.

Revealed earlier this year in a trio of hybrid, plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) and full-electric forms, the Ioniq range represents Hyundai’s first true step into a market dominated by Toyota for decades.

The PHEV version of the Ioniq was quickly confirmed as Hyundai Australia’s preferred option, differentiated from the regular Prius hybrid with its more advanced plug-in hybrid system.

Speaking with CarAdvice recently, Hyundai Australia public relations general manager Bill Thomas confirmed the company is reviewing the business case for the PHEV model, and definitive pricing is still to be locked in.

“We’re studying the market at the moment to see which way we’ll go, generally the opinion within the company is that the plug-in would be more interesting and a stronger way to introduce that technology into the market,” Thomas said.

Read more on: http://www.caradvice.com.au/487128/hyundai-ioniq-plug-in-hybrid-to-be-priced-at-the-prius-prime-point-if-toyotas-phev-ever-comes-here/

LAev

Re: Hyundai Ioniq plug-in hybrid to get Prime position If the Toyota Prius Prime ever comes here…

Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:56 am

What is the consensus here is the hybrid or all-electric the preferred vehicle?

voltage

Re: Hyundai Ioniq plug-in hybrid to get Prime position If the Toyota Prius Prime ever comes here…

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 pm

I think I am looking for all electric. Wasn't sure when I started out but I'm definitely leaning towards all electric

Return to “News & Main Ioniq EV Forum”