SparkE wrote:And ... *availability* ! Ioniq EV may be only available in Southern California to start (rumors are now starting to circulate).
If you can't buy it, you ... can't buy it!
True enough! That should be where someone starts in their comparison!
1) Availability - can you buy it where you live, or at least buy it elsewhere and get it to where you live?
I know with the Bolt, initially some in other states were buying from California dealerships and then having it shipped, but I think GM has clamped down on that now?
2) Cost for range. Obviously the Bolt has a 238 mile range, and the IONIQ is around 110, so if they cost the same then the IONIQ will not do very well
3) Heating - the IONIQ uses a heat pump which is more economical than the Bolt EV's resistive heater
4) Power/Torque - the Bolt is 200 hp, 266 lb-ft of torque.
5) Passenger and Cargo room - I don't know we have specs available yet for the IONIQ?[/quote]